Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconcious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character. – Stephen Covey
1. Show respect at all times to all students, to their parents and to colleagues
2. Treat students and parents as clients, and my job as if it were “at-will”
3. Project gratitude for the opportunity to teach
4. Show care in instruction and management by way of sufficient planning and preparation.
5. Study, study, study
6. Find a mentor. Follow that mentor.
7. Dress for work (clean, neat, age-appropriate)
8. Own the classroom
Today Stephen Covey died. He authored “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.”
I am most effective when I heed the advice given in his leadership literature. The expectations above frame Mr. Covey’s advice to be empathetic, of service, responsible, and proactive.
El fin en mente,